Thursday, December 7, 2017

Where Garden Design Begins

Matisse, below.  Didn't pay close attention to Henri until seeing several of his works at the High Museum in downtown Atlanta, Ga.  Walking into 'his' space, seeing a work straight ahead, about 8 steps, knees/legs gave way, and I almost fell to the ground.
.
His piece was painted in a single plane. 
.
In the deepest parts of my soul, exactly how I lived in my home/garden.  A single plane.
.
Know where to begin your Garden Design?  Answer, below.  You begin inside your home looking out.
.
Henri Matisse, Open Window, Collioure, 1905
Pic, above, here.
.
More, there is something to bringing plants/flowers inside, below.

 Delusions of grandeur
Pic, above, here.
.
Though small, bringing a plant/flower inside imbues beyond any known scale.

 Inspiring english cottage decor ideas 31
Pic, above, here.

 Interior Design
Pic, above, here.
.
In my house, below. 

 my living room, baby grand, double sofas, card table, chairs, chinoiserie screen door, bay window, wood floors
Pic, above, in my ca. 1986 home.

Image may contain: plant and indoor
Pic, above, in my office, our ca. 1900 home.
.
I believe in Historic Garden Design rules, they allow you to be more you.  Aside from making life more beautiful, easier, and beloved by Earth, Historic Garden Design rules are the original sustainable.
.
Rules are meant to be broken.
.
Rose bush, above, fake.
.
Didn't want you to think there is a level of personal arrogance about live plants/flowers in your home.   
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO T

4 comments:

Penelope Bianchi said...

Tara! A brilliant post indeed! Your garden was my favorite thing I have ever seen on the internet!

And, you are so brilliant, on one plane. Magic. Total magic. I knew it would sell in an hour. No one but you could have created what you did. Honestly.

My house and garden may be lost. Fire here is terrible and gaining and getting close. The nature preserve next door is dry as a bone. Good news is that Oprah is on two other sides. I have a feeling she has fire people who will arrive if she needs them. She has a plan. I know it.


Please pray.

I love you!

La Contessa said...

FAKE...........
FOOLED ME!
LOVE YOUR LAST HOUSE AND THE NEW/OLD HOUSE.........WE NEED MORE PHOTOS!
XX

David C. said...

I may have to wait to do much of the design for my new house landscape spaces until it's finished. Hmmm.....

Debbie said...

Hoping you are okay. Love your blog.