Friday, July 28, 2017

Pure Science: Introverts vs Extroverts

"I'm not like you, watching chickens, reading books, being in the garden, lunching with your girlfriends in the conservatory is not living.", Beloved said with great 'tone'.
.
Classic collision of introvert & extrovert.
.
Beloved's extroversion an education.  Retreating to the garden, books, chickens, my tribe, for replenishment.  At a minimum Beloved 'sees' introversion in action, excepting, no depth of field to his lense.  


Chickies!
Pic, above, here.

There is a science to extroversion & introversion.   For decades I've known, Gardening/gardens is/are my drug.  Recently, validation to my drug theory.  It's fact.
.
"
  

It’s all about the dopamine, which makes extroverts want to seek additional stimuli

Extroverts’ need to seek additional stimuli, which results in constantly seeking new hobbies and interests and cherishing the unfamiliar, may be the result of their genetic code which controls the dopamine function that forces them to look for new experiences.4 Moreover, extroverts are more likely to seek out situations that will provide them with reward because of their dopamine system.5
On the other hand, introverts prefer acetylcholine, which is another neurotransmitter. Acetylcholine also creates that pleasant feeling, but it’s related to introspection. For that reason, introverts don’t need to seek external stimuli to feel good. That is why extroverts might come off as easily distracted by new things, while introverts seem more focused."  Lifehack, here.


 farm pictures, daily fan favorite
Pic, above, here.

"

How are introverts Different From Extroverts?

While Carl Jung was the first to coin the terms “introvert” and “extrovert” and provided theory explaining the main differences between the two types, later research showed the differences in the brain structure of the two types of personalities as well as the different ways in which they react to stimulations and recharge their energy.
Namely, extroverts possess lower levels of arousal, therefore they are always on the lookout for new exciting adventure, while introverts, possessing higher levels of arousal, will look for activities and situations that require lower levels of arousal. 5
Moreover, introverts would always choose a more relaxing activity for recharging, while extroverts are more likely to choose rewards through excitement. This has to do with the fact that brain of extroverts feeds on dopamine, making them feel pleasant only through challenges and excitement, while introverts’ brain prefers acetylcholine, which creates pleasure through introspection and more self-focused activities."  Lifehack, here.

Ideal jobs for thinking introvert

  • Aerospace engineer
  • Industrial engineer
  • Computer programmer
  • Web developer
  • Video game artist
  • Fashion designer
  • Interior designer
  • Graphic designer
Lifehack, here.          
Rather prophetic list, above, I have an engineering degree, and horticulture.  Take the link, above, there are more lists for different types of introverts. 

"

If you are in love with an introvert

Introverts are great partners as they can provide genuine love, support and thoughtfulness to their love interest. Since they don’t act before they think things through, their partners can be assured that they are the only center of their attention. If you are in love with an introvert, make sure to respect their need for private time, don’t interrupt them, and don’t force them to make quick decisions about your lives together.   "  Lifehack, here
Priceless, above.  Ask me to make a life decision?  I'll get back with you.  The extrovert thinks I'm crazy not to answer within the conversation, I know he's crazy thinking I should answer that fast.  Now, I have another answer, "Go get your dopamine somewhere else."     
 
Pic, above, here.

 the us wants you to have chickens
Pic, above, here.

 The Duchess of Devonshire with her hens
Pic, above, here.

 Love yourself...it intimidates people...
Pic, above, here.

 Ballet Beautiful | ZsaZsa Bellagio - Like No Other
Pic, above, here.

 Http://msdoreen.co.uk
Pic, here.

"Some peopple feel the rain others just get wet." ~ Bob Marley
Pic, above, here.

 I the case of not being able to go mainstream in medical care this is me. Funny thing the old and eastern ways are curing me.......as nature intended my "machine to be cared for".
Pic, above, here.

Now I know, quotes above & similar types are  a division, in the macro, between those needing dopamine or acetylcholine.
.
Cannot imagine needing dopamine so badly.  On the outside looking in, pure curse.  Hilarious, I'm sure living the life of an introvert would be a curse to the extrovert.
.
More, finding the Lifehack article made me realize, majority of my clients are introverts.  Some, more than me.  I find them enriching.  Of course.
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO T

5 comments:

hidden art of homemaking said...

Tara,
I loved this post. I am an introvert married to an extrovert for more than 20 years. The most maddening thing is his need to constantly interrupt me. LOL
Well, one of the most maddening. I feel ya girl...
Happy gardening..
Love,
Mona

La Contessa said...

NO SURPRISE I'M THE SAME AS YOU!
LOVED THIS AS THE ITALIAN IS AS YOUR BELOVED..........an EXTROVERT!!!!!!!!!
LET ME READ IN PEACE!
XX

Unknown said...

Tara, If you haven't already read the book, I think you would really enjoy it, and your beloved might as well: NY Times Bestseller, QUIET by Susan Cain, The power of Introverts in a world that can't stop talking. The book was not only validating, but intellectually illuminating. It has so much to offer this messed up world - that quit possibly those that are quiet, who appreciate that the difficulties we face demand deliberate and careful thought, and for me, what better place to accomplish that than in my gardens?

David C. said...

You're an introvert? People ask me that all the time, surprised at my affirmative. Enjoying this post as much as the usual design / axis and plant nerdiness.

Helpadya said...

Hey your blog is very nice, such useful information you are sharing. I really like your blog the information is very accurate and if you want to know more about free ad posting service,www.helpadya.com there is another website with best information.